A beautiful way to chill wine/champagne. Perfect for dinner or holiday parties. Use different decorations for your occasion. For example, I used Fall leaves for my Thanksgiving mold. Valentine’s Day? Hearts/red beads. Halloween? Add ghosts/pumpkins/skeletons. Christmas? ornaments/gold string beads. You get the picture. Also, seasonal foliage adds nature’s beauty. Be creative and have fun!
Items you will need:
- 5 qt. ice cream bucket
- 2 liter plastic bottle (cut away top 1/3)
- weights to keep plastic bottle steady (rocks)
- decorations of your choice.
- place plastic bottle with weights in middle of ice cream bucket
- fill bucket (not plastic bottle) with water
- insert decorations/foliage/berries in water – this may take some work as branches are not always cooperative. be patient.
- place finished mold in freezer. let freeze 24 hours
- remove from freezer. wiggle and remove the 2 liter plastic bottle. pour warm water outside the ice cream bucket to help loosen the mold.
- insert bottle and chill away!
Place in shallow bowl to capture water as it will melt eventually. CHEERS!