Part two of my interview with Bonjour Events for Dinner Party tips. Part three, coming soon.
With the entertaining season around the corner we asked Cindy Zuccarino of Ciao Tavola for a crash course on creating a beautiful dinner table. Known for her elegant, yet relaxed dinner parties, friends began asking Cindy for help planning dinners in their homes and thus launched her business Ciao Tavola, helping bay area hostesses create unique dinner parties. Below are her top five tips for creating an attractive dinner table.
1) A must for a beautiful table is unscented candles. Try to use different sizes and heights using odd number quantities. Dim the overhead lights – you want to see what’s on your plate, not your neighbor’s facial blemishes.
2) Fresh flowers, without a doubt will soften any table…keep strong scented flowers to a minimum. Using greenery such as branches, bay leaves or pine (watch the sap!) or vines gives the table a cozy, rustic look.
3) Name cards are a good idea. Be creative! If you are giving parting gifts, tie a name card around them and place on top of the plates. You can also use a photo (small, of course) of each guest in a frame and place at each seat – the frame can be the parting gift, too.
4) I like to remember to use the rule “less is more” and give your guests personal space at the table.
5) Try to stick to three colors; one dominant and two complimentary.
Thank you Cindy. Watch for a few more tips from Cindy this week.