Greek Style Shrimp and Potatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 5 med size all purpose potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cayenne red pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp chopped dill
- feta cheese, 3.5-4 oz
- 1 lb med size shrimp, shelled and deveined
Heat oil in skillet. Add onion, stir often until tender. Add potatoes, garlic, red pepper, cook 5 min. Add salt and water, heat to boiling over med heat. Cover, simmer over low heat 30 minutes until potatoes are tender.
Add tomatoes (with its juice), heat to boiling. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add shrimp, heat to boiling. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in feta cheese and dill.